Position: Stocks Accountant
Reporting to: Manager – Stock Accounting
Department: FinanceRole Purpose: To develop, implement and maintain stocks, sales and cash collection management, accounting and controlling processes and procedures to ensure optimal stock management, accurate merchandise sales accounting and complete audit trail of cash collection
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all company Merchandises and engineering stocks ensuring
- a strong management policy including levels of stock holding, reorder levels and safeguarding and control
- Authorizing credit notes for rebates/ replacements of stocks to Dealers.
- Maintain clear and detailed stock movement and sales records to support the monthly sales figures
- Ensure appropriate procedures and processes exist to account for sales of all merchandise including sale of airtime, handsets, data cards and any other access devices
- Provide support to the commercial team in procurement and reorder/replenishment planning, stock analysis, pricing, deal management and accounting, including participation in the weekly sales/finance and logistics weekly meeting
- Provide Finance oversight and responsibility over stocks and sales reporting.
- Continually and consistently work on improving and maintaining the control environment in the department by ensuring that the accounting process and procedures adhere to internal control procedures.
- Conduct on the job training for other staff in the section to ensure continuous performance improvement and for succession planning
- Perform any other duty as directed by the Manager Stocks Accounting.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor Of Commerce ( Accounting)
- Qualified Accountant CPA(K)
- Above Average Knowledge of MS Office suite and accounting applications
- Minimum of 3 years working the Finance department of a reputable organization
- Experience in an audit firm will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks requiring urgent attention
- Ability to work under pressure
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
How to Apply
Application should be sent by latest 28th September 2015, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through [email protected] and quote the job title in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.