Administrative Assistant Job at Oshwal University, Kenya
The Oshwal University Trust is in the process of applying to the Commission for University Education (CUE) to establish the proposed Oshwal University whose main campus will be in Thika, 3km off the Nairobi-Thika super highway along the Thika-Naivasha Road.
As part of the staff development the Oshwal University Trust wishes to recruit dynamic, skilled, committed, self-driven and results oriented individuals to fill the following posts:
Grade OUM 3SIX (6) Positions – Ref. OU/OUM/07/2016
Administrative Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Assistants shall work under the general guidance of more experienced administrators at Faculty, Schools, Academic & Administrative Division of the University where he/she will be exposed to broad Administrative duties which includes but not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of administrative functions of the division/ Department/institute/centre or school. Taking clear and accurate minutes in various committees
- Ensure efficient and accurate student/staff records
- Supervision of staff under them Preparation for meetings and documents
- Maintain University property Maintain an up-to-date student statistics
- Arrange and facilitate examination matters
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned to them by the supervisor.
Requirements for Administrative Assistant Job
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Public Administration, Education, Diplomacy, Human Resource Management, Planning, Social Sciences or in a related field.
- Must have three (3) years relevant work experience as administrative assistant, in a busy office.
- Must be proficient in computer applications CPS (II) or any other professional registration in training or related field will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- Two (2) copies of applications should be submitted together with a cover letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, gross salary expectation, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated.
- All applications to be addressed to: The University Project Manager Oshwal University Trust 2nd Avenue Parklands P. O. Box 44691-00100, Nairobi, Kenya So as to reach him not later than Friday 13th May 2016. Applicants are advised to send one soft copy of application documents to [email protected] and request their referees to send their letters of reference to the above address and/or email by the close of business on Friday 13th May 2016. Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.