OVC Expert/Qualitative Evaluation Coordinator Job in Uganda
Abt Associates is bidding to provide Independent Evaluation Services in support of USAID’s Evaluation of Two Orphans and Vulnerable Children program activities in Uganda. Abt is seeking a local OVC Expert/Qualitative Specialist to assist with the evaluation. This position will include supervising/managing the evaluation activities on the ground, including data collection. Qualified candidates should have experience working in the OVC field in Uganda, and conducting qualitative research.
The purpose of the evaluation is to provide the Mission with rigorous evidence regarding the extent to which two ongoing OVC focused programs did or did not achieve impact on key outcome indicators and to identify factors or combination of factors, within and outside the program, which may explain how impact was achieved. It is expected that the contractor will conduct future data collections over the life of the program as well as data analysis and dissemination of findings. The design is a combination of a nested quasi-experimental approach with qualitative comparative analysis (QCA).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the qualitative aspects of the evaluation design
- Contribute to development of the qualitative sampling plan, interview guides and other data collection instruments
- Conduct in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, and other qualitative research activities as needed to answer evaluation questions in collaboration with other team members
- Provide coordination support as needed, acting as a liaison between the evaluation team and local stakeholders
- Contribute to qualitative analysis
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Degree in economics, anthropology, sociology, qualitative methods, statistics, or other social science with research experience
- Experience working in and strong understanding of the OVC Sector in Uganda
- Experience conducting/coordinating qualitative research (key informant interviews, focus groups, small-sample surveys, participant observation, etc.)
- Fluency in at least one Ugandan language Preferred
- Experience with impact and/or performance evaluation concepts and methodology (experimental, quasi-experimental, and non-experimental designs) and survey research
- Experience conducting qualitative comparative analysis and other qualitative analysis using analysis software
This is a part-time consultancy position. The period of performance is five years, though candidates can expect that the first and last years will require more time than the interim years.
Application instructions: Please email your CV to [email protected].