Community Based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) Technical Advisor
Based: Hargeisa, Somaliland with travel within Somalia and to Nairobi
One year fulltime with extension possibility
Oxfam is looking for an outstanding individual who can provide technical leadership and guidance in CBDRM to successfully support Somalia Resilience Programme (SomReP) Consortium in promoting resilient households and communities in Somalia.
- Provide strategic technical leadership in developing SomReP best practice modules and implementation plans;
- Capacity building in CBDRM approach, supporting innovation and learning between members;
- Initiate and promote research;
- Development of CBDRM related policy and advocacy positions;
- Technical support in developing program designs & proposals, M&E and project planning tools;
- Sharing of evaluation results with partners for project redesign;
- Technical support and quality control in project implementation;
- Develop and maintain partnerships, coordination and harmonization of approaches with CBDRM stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, social sciences or related degree.
- Master’s degree in livelihoods or social enterprise highly desirable;
- Five years minimum technical experience, in a senior capacity, on food security and CBDRM programming in Horn of Africa- Somalia experience preferred;
- Consortium, coalition or partnership working experience highly desired;
- Proven ability to facilitate learning &innovation and establishing effective working relations with multiple stakeholders;
- Written and spoken English proficiency is critical- proficiency in Somali desired;
- Strong proven experience and technical capacity in monitoring, evaluation and measuring of impact of livelihoods and/or resilience programming in Somalia context.
How to Apply
If you have strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with multiple stakeholders, can work in Somalia-based environment, with frequent travel to other Locations within Somalia and Nairobi and can lead or serve in working groups, this is the perfect job for you!
Submit your application and detailing how your experience prepares you for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date: 2nd September 2015.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.