To coordinate the Urban Early Warning and Early Action consortium (Oxfam, Concern Worldwide, World Vison and Kenya Red Cross) that aims to improve urban early action by improving the alignment of local and municipal governance institutions and response agencies towards analysing early warning information and implementing early response based on these.
Roles for the Advocacy Advisor Job
- Lead the advocacy and campaign work for the Urban Early Warning and Early Action consortium to facilitate the set-up of a coordinated urban early action mechanism within the Nairobi County Government
- Lead / coordinate lobby and advocate on issues related to programmes through personal contacts and co-ordination of partners and allies.
- Lead / coordinate public campaigns based on agreed plan of action and objectives within the consortium.
- Provide technical support to consortium team to identify and organise for lobby and advocacy meeting
- Support the coordination and convening meeting of Nairobi county government and relevant stakeholder and power-holders
- Manage relationships with lobby targets, including government ministries, parliamentarians, donors, and international institutions
- Represent Oxfam with Nairobi County Government meetings
Advocacy Advisor Job Requirements
- Significant experience in Campaigns, advocacy and lobbying.
- Degree in law or political science or social studies
- Experience in influencing government, donors, and other organisations through representation and/or advocacy, especially national governments
- Sound political judgment and sensitivity, and proven experience of engaging with and influencing decision-makers.
- Significant experience of working in partnership with grassroots civil society organisations, national and international NGOs and networks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex and sensitive organisational relationships.
- Knowledge of social economic & political development in Kenya
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to build good relations internally and externally
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
- Analytical, with an ability to crystallise issues in complex situations
- Ability to work with others and to communicate ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with the media and acting as a spokesperson
How to Apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts using this link http://bit.ly/2slg3Mr quoting ref: INT3546**.
Closing Date: 16 May 2017**
At Oxfam we are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equity within our organization.