Project Officer – Resilience
Based: Hargeisa, Somaliland
One year fulltime with extension possibility
Oxfam is looking for an outstanding individual who can effectively and efficiently coordinate, facilitate planning, implementation and monitoring of a resilience project targeting IDPs, agropastoral and peri-urban populations in south central Somalia.
- Provide technical input for design of programme(s) and identify credible civil society organizations to partner with in project implementation;
- Coordinate planning, implementation and monitoring of programme activities;
- Deliver project results within time, budget, quality, scope, risk and benefit constraints;
- Identifying potential risks and establishing processes to address these risks;
- Provide technical support to partners in implementation of activities and facilitate for external technical support;
- Ensure narrative and financial reporting and other donor reporting requirements are met;
- Prepare stories and materials for external communication on the programme(s);
- Ensure (digital) archiving of project activities;
- Assist in drafting country specific programme proposals;
- Collect and present information for ON management and planning cycle.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in development studies, economics, social sciences or related degree;
- Two years minimum experience in food security, community based disaster risk management and/or resilience projects in Horn of Africa-preferably with Somalia experience;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Written and spoken English proficiency is critical proficiency in Somali desired;
- Technical capacity in monitoring and evaluation of development projects in food security and livelihood/resilience sector.
How to Apply
If you have an exceptional understanding of resilience projects, can work in Somalia-based environment, with frequent travel to other Locations within Somalia and a passion for achieving changes for the good, this is the perfect job for you.
Submit your application and detailing how your experience prepares you for the post to [email protected]
The closing date: 2nd September 2015.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.