PAC (Pan Africa Christian) University, a Chartered Private University, is seeking to fill the position outlined below from a suitable candidate.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: Business Development Officer – Corporate Business Leadership Center
The Business Development Officer – Corporate Business Leadership Center (BDO-CBLC) shall be responsible for the creation of a Business Development strategy; developing organizational fundraising and corporate sponsorship capability; and support the development of an events strategy, including contributing to the promotion of CBLC’s external events and promotions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Knowledge of client management, sales, project management, team and quality management systems.
- Knowledge of regional or global sustainability topics, trends and opportunities.
- Proven expertise (3+ years) in business development from investor/client pitches, proposal writing, ongoing relationship building, and contract signing.
Key Responsibilities for the Business Development Officer
- Market expansion strategy: Supporting the CBLC Director to develop and implement the center’s expansion strategy to ensure year on year growth.
- In conjunction with the Director, to co-ordinate the implementation and delivery of the center’s business development strategy and business plan.
- Technical proposal development: Maintaining and growing the center’s current leadership position amongst current clients and potential clients across markets by developing winning proposals.
- Presentations and Trainings: BDO is expected to deliver any relevant sales / business-case presentations for various prospective clients alongside the CBLC Director. This will require proficiency and understanding of the business case for sustainability, communicating benchmarking, analysis and research in a comprehensive and concise manner.
- Support the implementation and delivery of the center’s fundraising strategy ensuring income targets are secured.
- Develop and maintain funding and sponsorship database ensuring personal contacts are proactively developed and maintained.
- Product & Service Innovation: The BDO along with the CBLC Director should always be thinking of ways to innovate and package new products and services to be offered by CBLC, and to collectively decide on strategic projects to be launched within the center.
- Ensure progress reports are compiled for the University’s Management Team and the CBLC Board.
- To carry out administrative work generated by the above activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be defined and assigned by the Supervisor
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae to
The HR & Admin Manager,
Pan Africa Christian University,
on email to [email protected];
not later than Friday, 12th October, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Thank you for visiting our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke