Pan Africa Christian University, a Chartered Private University, is seeking to fill the position outlined below from suitable candidates.
Applicants must be born again Christians and active members of a local Church.
Job Title: Personal Assistant – Vice Chancellor’s Office
The Personal Assistant to the Vice Chancellor shall be expected to provide a high level confidential and professional PA support service to the Vice-Chancellor’s (VC’s) office.
In addition ad hoc secretarial support to the Vice Chancellor’s office may be required.
• Master’s degree in Business, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University.
• At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
• Experience in a similar context an added advantage.
• Must be a person of high integrity.
• Must have high emotional intelligence and good PR skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
• Understand and adhere to PAC University Statement of Faith.
Key Responsibilities for the Personal Assistant
• Maintaining daily schedules (electronic) for the co-ordination of the VC’s commitments.
• Prepare all correspondence and other documentation as requested by the VC.
• Responsible for advising the VC of impending internal and external work deadlines and assisting with the preparation of material for these, e.g., reports, presentations.
• Liaise with relevant departments to service meetings, including preparation of meeting papers, presentations and taking minutes.
• To research general material at the request of the VC and prepare written reports and data tables as required which would be used as part of their project work
• Liaise effectively with internal and external contacts.
• Networking with Student Union members.
• Dealing with sometimes distressing situations on behalf of the VC for University and Student Experience, as first point of contact with parents and students.
• To meet and greet visitors on arrival and cover reception duties as necessary.
• Assist, when necessary, with the co-ordination of University events for visitors, programmes and functions.
• Execute any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the VC.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, kindly send your application letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae, also detailing your current & expected salary via email ONLY to [email protected]; not later than Friday, 9th October, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Pan Africa Christian University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Visit our website www.pacuniversity.ac.ke for full profiles of these jobs