PACIS Insurance Administrative Assistant Job
PACIS Insurance Company Limited was incorporated in Kenya in October 2004 and is an initiative of the Catholic Church, with a vision to be the icon of reliability and trustworthiness.
In pursuit of our strategic plan we are seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant
Enhances executive’s effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the executive to others. The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Managing Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Managing Director’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Managing Director, with Board members, donors on matters related to Managing Director’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Managing Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Managing Director’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Managing Director to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Managing Director’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as the Managing Director’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
Qualifications Executive Assistant Job
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting Executives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to deliver, please send us your detailed CV indicating your preferred area of operation by 10th November 2017 to the following email address; [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.