Intern Job Description: Diaper Bank Agent Intern
The Diaper Bank of Nairobi is made up of small communities of around 65 mothers with diaper using children each living in the same neighborhood “Village” through the diapers distribution/collection points at the ward level but more of “nyumba kumi” concept at the sub-location level.
The community cells creates the Diaper Community Banks, which were established to promote biodegradable Diapers life cycle to begin the process of composting into them black soil as Diaper collection centers at the ward level under the Dai-cycle initiative where mothers return used diapers to exchange for new diapers.
The community bank not only focuses on diaper collections and distributions but often include activities well beyond direct prevention and behavior change. As envisaged with primary health care, water, sanitation, and other aspects of environmental health are frequently included, as well as sustainable livelihoods interventions.
|Position||Diaper Bank Agent (INTERN)|
|Description||Diaper Bank of Nairobi seeks interns to assist with the recruitment, training and|
|management of mothers in order to aid the organization in its mission to collect and|
|distribute diapers, help mothers to start small business and work with youth in disposable|
|diaper waste collection for upcycle into black soil.|
|The intern will assist with the Constituency Diaper Bank Coordinators in recruitment,|
|communications and program development.|
|Responsibility||· Research, develop and maintain lists of potential mothers, youth groups and|
- Help manage community outreach through the Community Diaper Bank under your ward.
- Seek out potential partners and engagements in order to collect diaper or organize diaper drive
- Reply to mothers inquiries providing information about the organization and matching to specific mother’s need
- Schedule groups and home visit as a follow-up program for mothers within your cell
- Provide scheduled for Diaper Collection and distribution with necessary documentation in a timely manner, including clean water, training schedule and Mother FAQs.
- Conduct onsite orientation and sessions thrice a week Monday – Wednesday – Friday depending with agreed time with the mothers
- Assist with data entry and ensure data quality of mothers, children and activities statistics
- Plan and facilitate Diaper Bank and Brand Distribution Committee meetings including distributing agenda and taking minutes.
|Qualifications||·||Possess superior interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver exceptional|
|customer service to a diverse group of constituents (i.e. sponsors, mothers, and|
|·||Completed or working toward a college degree, diploma or certificate, preferably|
|in a related field (e.g., Education, Non-Profit Management, Volunteer Management,|
|Program Management, Community Health or Development, Research, Sales and|
|Marketing, Communications, Counseling, Environment, Entrepreneurship,|
|·||Previous internship or related experience either as a volunteer or managing|
|volunteers is a plus|
|·||Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint,|
|Excel) skills in graphic design will be an added advantage|
|·||An effective communicator, both written and oral|
|·||Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space|
|·||Enthusiasm for the mission of Diaper Central Bank of Kenya and the families we|
|Duration||Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.|
|Hours||8 – 12 hours/week, preferably thrice a week|
|Compensation||Kshs. 300 – 500 per day depending on individual performance appraisal|
|To Apply||Please a send cover letter and resume to [email protected]|
Diaper Central Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.