Paid Logistics & Operations Internships at Wasoko
Paid Logistics & Operations Internships
Are you interested in joining a social enterprise aimed at improving the livelihood and food security of people around the world? Would you like to gain more knowledge about the work of a growing start-up? Then Wasoko could be the place for you.
Wasoko is a Kenyan/Danish start-up with a vision to organize the world’s food by connecting farmers, drivers and retailers to deliver products radically cheaper and fresher.
Our solution is targeted at people living in developing countries, and we currently have operations in Nairobi, Kenya.
Initially our operations have been focused on delivering tomatoes. We are now looking for a fast learning intern to help us expand into other farm products.
The Logistics & Operations Intern will work on expanding our assortment by adding other products. Visiting farmers in rural areas you will learn how their products are sourced and delivered, then you will start building and maintain stable operations working with the farmers and drivers every week to improve the logistics of the distribution processes.
You will be part of an international team, working both with your colleagues in Kenya and abroad. While you will be working independently visiting farmers, you should be a strong team player.
We expect a high degree of interaction through online tools with your colleagues on how to improve our operations and face everyday challenges.
Logistics & Operations Internships Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn how fresh produce is being produced, delivered and sold, while implementing logistic operations supporting this
- Meet with the team in Kenya on a weekly basis to exchange experiences and ideas
- Identify effective ways to improve our processes and test the improvements
- Train new farmers and drivers and audit operations with existing farmers and drivers
- Ensure reliability in our operations, coordinating deliveries with farmers, drivers and vendors
- Keep the team abroad updated about the operations
Required Knowledge and Experience for Logistics & Operations Internships:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Degree related to Agricultural studies, Food Logistics or supply chain management is a plus
- Good knowledge of Office tools, including Excel sheets, and Google Docs
- Experience living abroad or with working with people of different cultures
Skills Needed for Logistics & Operations Internships:
- Excellent communicative skills and talent for dealing with people, in order to be able to talk/approach farmers and vendors
- Strong competence in verbal and written English to engage with the team abroad
- Fast learner and agile team player, who is able to deal with intense schedules
- Open to listen to input from others and exchange ideas
- Reliability as a team member who is able to ensure that everyday operations run smoothly from farmers to vendors
- Able to work with the team locally and remotely (abroad)
- Flexible when dealing with people from different backgrounds and cultures
The job will be based out of Nairobi area, from where you will go for 2 – 4 days a week into rural areas meeting farmers and assisting deliveries. We offer an unmissable opportunity, where you will experience being part of a very ambitious tech startup.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this paid internship position, please submit your resume and a motivated cover letter in english to [email protected] Please, indicate when you will be able to start. The internship is from 6 to 12 months of duration in Kenya.
- If you have any questions about the position, please don’t hesitate to contact Godwin Odhiambo +254 724224738 by phone.
- We are looking forward to hearing from you!