For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The incumbent will perform a variety of administrative, coordination, and logistical services in support of project activities. Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, s/he will focus on procuring project supplies and services and providing hands-on logistical and administrative support for core project meetings and activities.
The Program Assistant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in appropriate supplier selection and/or bidding processes for select purchase requisitions
- Assist with conducting due diligence on preferred vendors and maintain appropriate procurement and audit documentation
- Interact with suppliers to resolve transaction issues and gather critical information on status of supplies and services, quotations, and invoicing and tax documentation
- Liaise with project staff and partners to coordinate logistics for both internal and external workshops and meetings
- Coordinate with travel, accommodation, conference, catering, and printing agencies for provision of required project and workshop supplies
- Maintain and regularly update travel plans and records to facilitate program efficiency
- Request issuance of visas by contacting appropriate embassies and prepare supporting travel documents
- Prepare workshop material and/or information packages and make them available within the required timeframe
- Coordinate workshop registration processes and act as contact person for workshop participants
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in business studies, human or social sciences, or related field.
- 1+ years of administrative / procurement experience, preferably with a USAID-funded project
- Proficient in computer and internet skills including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with managers, colleagues and clients
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often with a required timeframe
- Able to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands
- A general understanding of health programs and operations will be an added advantage
- Confidentiality and team spirit
This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya. Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here