Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The incumbent will support the Finance & Administration Manager in recording and retrieving financial information on the project. This includes maintaining financial records, processing payments, handling cash for designated activities, and keeping track of project material inventory, all in line with established policies and procedures.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and submit for supervisor approval all travel documents (Travel Authorization, Travel Advance Request, & Travel Expense Report) and other expense reports
- Ensure all local taxi vouchers received from approved taxi company are duly approved and prepare required taxi expenditure report
- Perform quality control checks over invoices and claims to ensure calculations are accurate and necessary approvals have been obtained
- Prepare payment vouchers for all approved invoices, claims, and advances
- Prepare statutory returns, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, and Pension and Withholding taxes and ensure timely remittance
- Record vouchers and other financial information in the reporting system
- Assist in the accurate and timely submission of bi-monthly financial reports, including bank reconciliations, per stipulated deadlines
- Assist in ensuring accurate bank information for approved workshop participants to facilitate per diem payment
- Maintain safe custody of project petty cash and ensure issuance is in line with company policies and procedures
- Maintain a register for all project assets; ensure all material items are properly tagged
- Assist in keeping accurate and secure custody of financial information, including procurement information, in both hard and soft copies
- Assist in preparing required files for internal and external audits
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce ? Finance or Accounting Options with part or full CPA / ACCA qualification
- 1+ years of administrative / procurement / finance experience
- Proficient in computer and internet skills including MS Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with managers, colleagues, and clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required timeframe
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality and team spirit
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here