Project Profile Palladium has recently been awarded a cooperative agreement to implement the USAID County Measurement, Learning and Accountability Program (CMLAP) in Kenya. The purpose of this activity is to support ongoing activities by the national and county governments and other development partners to strengthen outcome measurements, learning and accountability (MLA) systems in order to provide quality data and synthesized information for planning, implementation, policy development and decision making. This activity will focus its support in the following HIV, malaria and MNCH focal counties of Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Kakamega, Busia, Vihiga, Bungoma, and Kisumu.
A 25 person team will be recruited to work in Kisumu to achieve the project results. Palladium is recruiting 21 staff and Plan 4 staff. The team will be led by a Chief of Party also based in Kisumu. Palladium staff in Nairobi and our international offices will provide routine technical and administrative support and assistance.
Position Summary The Senior M&E Advisor will develop and implement strategies, approaches, and methods for county-level data management systems to generate high-quality data. S/e will work closely with other technical advisors to strengthen the capacity of CHMTs and other stakeholders to manage M&E functions, information systems, and data quality and to enhance CHMTs’ capacity for data analysis, with the ultimate goal of improving county government MLA. The Senior M&E Advisor will work closely with the DCOP and COP to develop the work plan and provide timely and high-quality deliverables and reports. S/he will report to the COP and will supervise two positions:
- Senior Analytics Specialist
- Sr. Data Systems Specialist (Note this position will be staffed and supervised by Plan from a personnel standpoint, but the Palladium M&E Advisor will provide day-to-day project oversight).The position is based in Kisumu, Kenya. No expatriate or relocation benefits are associated with the position.
- Design and implement a comprehensive approach to improve M&E and health information systems and governance in CMLAP counties, focusing on the accuracy, timeliness, and quality of data and aggregate reports.
- Develop new and institutionalize existing standardized protocols for the minimization of data collection burden; and for appropriate allocation of M&E and reporting responsibilities; and for appropriate human and financial MLA resources, including improving the recruitment and retention of HRIO.
- Facilitate routine county and sub-county level TWG meetings for M&E, information systems and data reporting and use; and work with the CHMT, SCHMT and HRIO to implement data quality assurance protocols
- Link to and leverage infrastructure and other investments made by PEPFAR projects specifically HIGDA, CDC KeHMIS, USAID Afyainfo and others
- Supervise the Senior Analytics Specialist and support data analysis for Result Areas 1 and 2. More specifically, ensure that the Senior Analytics Specialist works closely with the Senior Data Systems Advisor, the County Learning and Planning Specialists and the Senior DDU and Learning Advisor to support outcome measurement activities, and ensure that data analyses support information needed by CHMTs to answer key questions and support decision making.
- Supervise the Sr. Data Systems Specialist and team members and oversee the activities to strengthen all relevant information systems (e.g. DHIS2, CPIMS, EMR, LMIS, outcomes monitoring systems). Ensure capacity building activities are appropriately designed for the specific systems. This position will also support senior leadership in their collaboration with HIGDA.
- Inculcate a culture of data demand and information use within CHMTs, including the provision of routine high-level statistical analyses.
- Link to Palladium counter-parts within the Kenya Measure Evaluation, Health Policy Plus and Strategic Information teams, for cross-platform learning and sharing of strategies and techniques.
Educational background and Experience
- Masters Level of Education in related field, e.g. MBA, MPH or MSc (Informatics/Biostatistics/Biometry)
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position for a PEPFAR project
- Post graduate professional qualification in project management and planning
- Appropriate technical and software skills necessary to conduct, analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience working with key Kenyan health information systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required)
- Excellent coordination, and information management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage cohesive team and proven record in effectively managing multidisciplinary partnerships.
- Demonstrated leadership, ethics, and sound judgement, both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Kenya and work under field conditions
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here