This is a role under the supervision of the Accountant
The main aims of the role are;
- Assisting accounting officials/senior management in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company’s finances.
- Provide administrative support to the Accountant and the Credit Controller
General Office Support:
- Assist the Accountant with record retention requirements.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register.
- Assist on ad hoc reports and projects as required.
- Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in the accounting system, according to instructions.
- Completing financial reports assigned to him / her on a regular basis.
- Files and/or removes records and reports.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Manage office petty cash.
- Process client invoices, in a timely manner and verifying accuracy.
- Confirm values of invoice against Purchase orders and Goods Received Notes as appropriate.
- Resolve any issues with suppliers
- Prepare cheques
- Prepare and maintain pre-authorize payments monthly or as required.
- Prepare all Accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for posting to General Ledger monthly.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Enter and reconcile cheques cashed to accounting software monthly.
- Process employee reimbursements for payment processing purposes.
- Respond to Sales inquiries as required.
- Process all customer or miscellaneous payments daily or as required to sub-ledger.
- Maintain and distribute accurate listing of overdue accounts and suspensions in accordance with Credit limits.
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Assist the Accountant with monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Assist with annual budget preparation as required.
- Monitor stock level per the accounting system and reconcile to actual stock counts on a monthly basis
- Together with the Stores Supervisor, identify and explain reasons for variances
- Adjust accounting system to ensure accurate reflection of physical stock levels
Key skills and competences
- A university degree in a business related field (Bachelor of Commerce – Finance or Accounting option), CPA – 3
- Basic understanding of accountancy and book-keeping
- Strong attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- A self-starter who is proactive and can set and achieve goals
- A team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work with under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Competent IT skills
- Knowledge of sage will be an added advantage
About us! Pamoja Life is a fast-growing start up with a desire to bring in high-energy, high-performing people. To thrive here, you will need a flexible mind-set, a love for innovation, and comfort with the inherent uncertainty of a fast growth start-up. We have high expectations, however you’ll find that our dynamic culture and hard-working attitude make it worth the challenges.
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] setting out in no more than 300 words, your interest in this role and why your experience makes you perfectly suited for it by 24th July 2017 5pm. Please also include a full CV.