Data Manager Job at PATH International
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
PATH seeks to recruit a Data Manager who will provide leadership in routine data management operations including supporting timely data collection and entry, data quality at all data points, processing, in-depth data analysis and managing the project database. S/he will provide support to research data collection and analysis efforts by the project including special initiatives, outlined surveys, studies and evaluations. The data manager will participate in preparing for and playing a key role in monthly data review meetings; writing donor reports and dissemination forums.
Data Manager Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely data collection, entry, review and collation of project data – both from health facilities and the community.
- Perform data cleaning and verify the authenticity and accuracy of the data before reporting to the donor.
- Under the guidance of technical team leads, conduct in-depth and robust data analysis and presentation.
- Work closely with M&E and MIS teams to develop and/or review data management systems including data security, analysis plan, dissemination aids and templates.
- Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of staff in database design, development and implementation; data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop and implement a mentorship programme for health care workers and other data handlers on use of MOH and other reporting tools.
- Develop and implement a plan of building the capacity of project staff in data management including analysis, use and dissemination.
- Contribute to development of in-depth analysis of APHIAPlus Western Kenya project data for publications, advocacy, proposal writing and presentation to various audiences as need arises.
- Participate in project led special initiatives, surveys and studies and providing technical assistance in data management and report writing.
- Assist in writing/editing guidelines/SOPs for data entry, management and analysis.
- Provide technical guidance in strategies for improving the quality of data from health facilities and the community, and overall data dissemination and utilization at project level.
- Participate in data review meetings at various levels, including project level.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the performance leader.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Ability to work and deliver under intense pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of SPSS and EPI Info and/or other statistical analysis package (SAS, STATA, R).
- Excellent understanding of database design and development, database programming (in Access, SQL).
- Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, maternal/child health and nutrition is essential.
- Knowledge of data visualization and business intelligence software such as Tableau and Power BI will be an added advantage.
Required Experience for Data Manager Job
- Master’s Degree in public health, bio-statistics, epidemiology, information systems or related field, and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with international development programs in HIV/AIDS, Reproductive Health, Child health, Nutrition and Family planning.
- Experience and skills in DHIS2 framework, EMR and National HMIS system, including knowledge of MOH data collection tools is mandatory.
How to Apply