PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children.
We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH seeks an experienced Director of Finance & Administration to provide comprehensive financial and administrative oversight for a United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project based in Kenya.
PATH supports the government of Kenya, US government implementing partners, and local communities to deliver locally developed health solutions.
Responsibilities for the Finance & Admin Job
- Oversee operations for all project activity offices in Kenya. This includes oversight of procurement, grants, construction, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, and records.
- Responsible for managing the contract budget and preparing financial reports for submission to USAID.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
- Ensure compliance with financial management systems as per USAID and PATH requirements.
- Manage project finance and administration team, including providing oversight to processing and recording of checks and disbursements, verification of accuracy of invoices and supporting documents, distribution/reconciliation of financial advances to support project activities, preparation of consultancies and purchase orders, maintenance of operational filing system for all finance-related documents, etc.
- Ensure proper financial management of subawards and grants under contract.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Job
- A Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field relevant to the position requirements.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in financial management for large complex projects, of which at least five years were working in the field of international development.
- Experience with donor accountability, strong computerized accounting and financial skills, extensive experience and knowledge of financial management and reporting processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting and Auditing Principles and laws, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of local labor laws.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, evaluate and modify financial programs, informational support systems and processes.
- Ability to handle multiple and conflicting priorities, and work under strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and result‐oriented skills.
- High standards of integrity.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
How To Apply