Internship, Human Resources, Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Internship project background and aims:
This internship is designed to provide practical work experience to students or recent graduates of a human resource college program. We seek to recruit a Human Resources Intern to join our international recruiting team. The intern will be based in Nairobi and will be mentored by the Regional Recruiter.
Benefit to Intern:
- Exposure to an international global health organization.
- Practical work experience to strengthen your candidacy for HR roles in the job market.
- Hands-on training as well as support from a global team of HR professional.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Professional communication skills, verbal and written, for effectiveness on a global scale.
- Complex scheduling, including problem solving, negotiating with multiple stakeholders, leveraging technology and keeping others apprised.
- Application of technology, including Word, Excel, advanced features in Outlook calendaring and email, global conference services, Skype, instant messaging and applicant tracking.
- Schedule interviews and communicate effectively with interview team and candidates to ensure a professional interview experience.
- Proofread requisitions, post jobs, place advertisements and draft brief job announcements for networking.
- Learn how to prepare interview reports- both weekly and monthly.
- Send candidate communication using templates in applicant tracking system and following guidelines.
- Capture required information from candidate, recruiter and interview team and ensure recruitment file in applicant tracking system is complete.
- Conduct phone screens and reference checks.
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
- The intern will be evaluated against his/her ability to successfully initiate, follow, and support a full cycle recruitment under the guidance of his/her mentor.
Hours per week: 40
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Knowledge of MS office (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication.
Required Experience for Internship
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in HR Management, Industrial Relations, Business Management or other applicable degree. Experience with applicant tracking system is preferred. Must have an understanding of fundamental HR concepts, employment laws, contemporary HR practices.
How to Apply
Click here to apply