Child Health & Development Assistant(Temporary) Job at PATH, Kenya
PATH is an international organization that drives trans-formative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
We are seeking to recruit a Child Health and Development Assistant for a period of one year to work closely with the Ministry of Health, peer educators, Community Health Assistants (CHAs), and Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) in the three sub-counties to primarily support mentoring and supervision activities that facilitate integration of Early Childhood Development (ECD) into their service delivery.
- The Child Health and Development Assistant is also expected to support training and Continuing Medical Education (CME) of trained service providers, in addition to assisting with proper collection and reporting of data from health facilities and community levels.
- The Child Health and Development Assistant will be based in Siaya, Kenya.
Health & Development Assistant Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reinforce existing group-based activities like health talks and mother groups with ECD messages and practices.
- Document project activities by taking photos, taking videos, conducting interviews, and collecting human interest stories.
- Work with community- and facility-based service providers to establish, equip, and sustain play boxes in health facilities.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection on ECD integration and impact, at community and health facility levels.
- Provide and promote supportive supervision, mentor-ship support, and CMEs to trained service providers on a regular basis to ensure optimal uptake of training content.
- Support specific and targeted training on integrated ECD to nurses, clinical officers, peer educators, CHAs, CHVs and assist in coordinating the logistics of trainings.
- Support other activities, as requested by the Child Health and Development Program Officer.
- Fluency in Dholuo.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills in English.
- Strong knowledge of the local culture, especially around care giving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Understanding and willingness to learn more of how ECD contributes to better health and development.
- Flexible since the job involves traveling to the field (Siaya County) and working in field conditions for up to 70 percent of the time.
- Sound understanding of the structure of the health system and the way in which health services are implemented at the facility and community levels.
Required Experience for Health & Development Assistant Job
- Bachelors of Education in Early Childhood Development or equivalent. At least two (2) years of clinical experience in maternal and child health nutrition, community health promotion, Ministry of Health, health facilities and working at the community level with CHAs, CHVs, and caregivers of young children.
- You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
Click here to apply