Temporary Program Assistant, ECD
PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH received additional funding support from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation to scale up and institutionalize integrated early childhood development (ECD) services targeting vulnerable children 0–3 years and their caregivers in Mozambique and Kenya. This effort has been focusing primarily on ECD integration in each country in partnership with the government’s health systems and their respective community health civil society partners.
We seek to recruit a Temporary Program Assistant to support in collecting and analyzing mentorship data in Rarieda, Alego Usonga and Gem sub counties of Siaya implementing the ECD project as well as support the implementation of any other activities related to Scaling up Early Childhood Development Project in Kenya (S-ECD), Support and manage play box activities in selected Health Facilities in Siaya, Support making of toys/learning materials for the CHV and clinical trainings, Prepare MPESA outputs to facilitate participants and vendors payments.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Providing meeting planning and logistics support. Activities may include scheduling internal and external meetings, workshops, and other events as necessary, as well as coordinating event-related logistics, maintaining database of project contacts, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
- Drafting project reports and communications materials. In consultation with relevant staff, plan and coordinate the production and distribution of monthly activity reports and other communications materials as requested. Additional responsibilities will include liaising with Washington, DC based ECD staff on PATH branding standards and coordinating review processes for publications developed by the ECD Kenya team.
- Maintaining the electronic and paper filing systems to ensure information is readily and easily accessible. This will include regular updates of assigned email distribution lists.
- Coordination with full ECD Department staff to ensure smooth coordination of administrative tasks between the Washington, DC and other country offices as assigned.
- Participate in ECD meetings in the implementing sub counties of Siaya
- Support documentation of field activities through reports and photography.
- Support planning and budgeting activities for ECD projects.
- Participate in the close out activities.
- Providing general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics. This may include working closely with the ECD program team and the project administrator to initiate the procurement process for project activities, the maintenance of a shared team calendar for ECD staff in Kenya, helping program staff accurately communicate their travel and leave dates, assisting ECD staff with travel planning arrangements and post-travel reimbursements, including cheque requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Food Nutrition and Dietetics, Project Management or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated prior experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in mentoring health care workers.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in mentoring Community Health Volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience in documenting activities through reports and photos.
- Demonstrated prior experience in working with communities.
- Demonstrated ability in making toys for children below 3 years.
- Demonstrated ability for workshops/trainings preparation.
Must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer
Kisumu, Nyanza, Kenya