The Afya Pwani project is funded by USAID for a three year initial period with two option years. Pathfinder International is the Prime Contractor for this project.
The purpose of the Afya Pwani Project is to improve and increase access and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthening service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems in Lamu, Kilifi, Mombasa, Kwale and Taita Taveta counties. With three sub-purposes: namely, Increased access and utilization of Quality HIV Services; Increased Access and Utilization of Focused MNCH/FP/WASH & Nutrition Services and Strengthened and Functional County Health Systems, the Afya Pwani project also has the following Cross-Cutting Elements:-Youth, Key Populations, Gender, Sustainability and Coordination.
As the Prime Contractor, Pathfinder International will supporting the county governments, in particular the County Health Teams, to implement the County Health Strategic and Investment Plan and will strategically communicate, coordinate and collaborate within and across development and implementing partners, including all USG and non-USG partners, especially those implementing national and other service delivery mechanisms. Position Purpose Supervises, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services. Exercises considerable judgment in making purchasing decisions in accordance with USAID and Pathfinder International policies and regulations.
- Assist Pathfinder Kenya procurement and tender committees in accordance with existing Pathfinder and donor procurement policies
- Ensure timely delivery of supplies and equipment to the specified locations and proactively liaise with relevant managers to clarify relevant specifications
- Ensure timely tracking of all supplies and equipment sent to the relevant managers
- Prepare and follow up payment requests for goods and services in a timely manner in accordance with existing Pathfinder policies and guidelines.
- Purchase goods and services, analyze purchase requisitions; create new and update existing bid specifications;
- Draft and evaluate bid proposals; solicit and negotiate competitive pricing from vendors and make recommendations for issuance of purchase orders and waivers of advertising
- Review existing Office supply contracts and coordinate the bid process in accordance with Pathfinder International Procurement Rules and best practices.
- Serves on committees to evaluate sealed proposals; negotiate pricing;
- Effectively communicating with customers, vendors or other departments and agencies and provide assistance of Country Management and staff, establishing and maintaining blanket purchase orders;
- Maintain a data base of vendors; conducting analyses of equipment usage and services; investigating and resolving complex problems associated with outside vendor documentation to process purchase orders, waivers, payments as related duties as assigned.
- Supervises, assigns, reviews and participate in the work of staff responsible for volume purchasing services.
- Exercises considerable independent judgment in making purchasing decisions in according with Pathfinder International Policies and procedures and best practices.
- Prepare and submit procurement reports in agreed format and timeframe
- Graduation from an accredited colleague or university with bachelor´s degree in procurement and related studies.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supplies or equivalent and be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- Three years of professional experience in purchasing, finance or facilities management.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to travel throughout Kenya.
- Experience with the purchase of commodities, computer hardware and software, materials equipment, services and/or supplies would be helpful.
- Knowledge of Ms Office applications and internet skills is helpful
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills would also be helpful.
- Knowledge in USAID procurement rules and regulations.
- Working with NGO under USAID grants.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here