PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
This position will conduct market research for different product lines and businesses to provide competitive market information, attractive growth applications, competition, leads on distribution channel, large accounts, pricing, business models and local methods of operation
Kenya OR South Africa
· The holder of the position will report directly to the Regional Director and will assume the role of Market Research Analyst for different platforms/divisions within the Technical Solutions GBU for pre-defined countries in Africa
· Create databases and capture market data on different verticals and applications within the Electrical, Automation and Residential/Commercial verticals to define the high-growth opportunities, market trends, competition, prices/business model
· Understand business objectives, design and perform questionnaires and surveys with end-users, EPCs’, and different channels to market to identify their needs and define the key supply chain players in each country within a specific product line
· Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
· Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets.
· Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
· Will work in a highly cross-functional structure with different stakeholders from Sales and Marketing
· Provide a complete presentation deck with graphics after each Market research with full information on Products, Price, Channel and Marketing analysis
· Provide Sales opportunities and market/competitive analysis reports
· Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
· Informs his/her superior about all situations, developments and occurrences which are important for the superior or are requested by him, as well as about all upcoming decisions which require his approval
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Statistics, business, marketing. MBA is highly preferable
· 3+ years of proven Market Research experience or similar experience
· Worked in a Multi-National or International Organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Passionate about his Job, acts with positive energy, respect and high team spirit
· Ability to self-start and define mediums and groups for data gathering and Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc)
· ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task, Working knowledge of data warehousing, modelling and mining
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases and MS Office
· Search engines, web analytics and business research tools acumen
· Familiarity with CRM programs
· Strong analytical and critical thinking
· Ability to understand applications and products for meaningful data collection and focus
· Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
Pentair Employee Core Values: All employees must adhere to the following core values: customer first, accountability for performance, innovation and adaptability, positive energy, respect and teamwork, absolute integrity.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here