Personal Assistant to the Executive Director Job at Africa Mental Health Foundation, Kenya
Africa Mental Health Foundation (AMHF) is a non-governmental organization whose main mandate is to conduct mental health and substance use research to inform policy, practice, and the provision of innovative, appropriate, affordable, available and accessible mental health and substance use services to all.
Position Summary: Africa Mental Health Foundation is looking for Personal Assistant to The Executive Director on a Temporary basis.
The overall role of the position holder will be to manage all aspects of the Executive Director Schedule and general coordination of administrative functions in the Director’s Office while maintaining high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Personal Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage and maintain the Executive Director diary/calendar and make appointments.
- Organize for relevant meetings, external conferences (Physical or Virtual) and ensure that the Executive Director is well prepared for meetings.
- Effectively act as a link of the Executive Director with others.
- Keep the Executive Director informed of both local and international important events/functions.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate and also answering the Executive Director’s phone calls when he is not available.
- Ensure guest meeting with the Executive Director are well taken care of and assisted.
- Draft email and any other correspondence, take dictation and type/prepare documents and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format is correct.
- Write, edit and proofread correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Prepare reports and presentation as directed by the Executive Director.
- Sort the Executive Director emails/ mails and reports and inform him immediately on urgent matters that needs priority.
- Ensure proper filing system and storage of documents, articles, books and magazines in the Executive Directors office.
- Take minutes during meetings and later type them in the correct format.
- Assist in grants/proposals, research paper writing and submitting papers to specific journals as and when requested.
- Schedule and manage all local and international travel arrangements for the Executive Director – ensure flights, accommodation/hotel and transport reservations and in order.
- Ensure that the Executive Director’s office is clean and tidy at all times.
- Follow up and ensure efficient communication on pending issues that require department coordination by engaging actively with the relevant staff and supervisors.
- Assist in other official or personal tasks assigned
- Ensure that the Executive Offices Personal Supplies and utilities are available at all times, order for replenishment on a timely basis.
- Providing logistical support for guests of the Foundation including but not limited to: organizing accommodation, airport pickup, and local transportation and developing and managing the local itinerary for their visit.
- Providing logistical support to staff travelling out of the country by assisting the Communication Officer in organizing their flights, visa applications, accommodation, presentations and any other requirement of the trip.
- Ensure prompt payment of all the Executive Director personal bills as required. – Subscriptions, phones etc.
- Keep records and documentation for all projects/programs for reference and presentation to management and/or other relevant departments as directed. This also includes maintaining the filing system and updating databases for field records and other program/project related records.
- Provide logistical support to the Projects Coordinator when the office is organizing meetings, presentations, seminars, trainings or any other form of event.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for all programs/projects at the Foundation.
Basic Qualifications for Personal Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Administration/Public Relations
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field and preferably a Personal Assistant role.
- Professional course in public relations /secretarial course will be an added advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in computer use, and type writing
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Should demonstrate excellent spoken and written language skills with good telephone etiquette
- Must be highly organized, dependable result oriented and good time manager
- Must have good presentation skills
- Initiative and ability to operate independently
- Good organisational skills
Applications should be received by 12th August, 2016.
How to Apply
We invite all candidates meeting the required qualifications to send applications including a detailed CV as an attachment to [email protected]