The Office of the Controller of Budget is an independent Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Its core mandate is to oversee implementation of the budgets of the National and County governments, approve withdrawals from the Consolidated Fund (Article 206), County Revenue Fund (Article 207) and Equalisation Fund (Article 204) and report on Budget Implementation to Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit a highly qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Grade COB 5
Reporting to the Controller of Budget, the officer will be responsible for providing technical and operational support to the Controller of Budget.
- Provide full administration support to the Controller of Budget;
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Controller of Budget including drafting of general responses;
- Responsible for travel and accommodation logistics for the Controller of Budget;
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Establish a good rapport with stakeholders;
- Responsible for comprehensive diary management;
- Responsible for organization of meetings, taking of minutes and follow-up action.
Requirements for the position
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Must have minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience preferably gained in providing support to a top Executive;
- Must be well versed with the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
- A Masters degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized university will be an added advantage
Required Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good corporate governance
- Team player
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act
Terms and Conditions of Service: Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package and will be appointed on a three (3) year contract term.
How to Apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose a detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card.
You should also give the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House 12th Floor, Harambee Avenue. P.O Box 35616-00100
The closing date is 15th September, 2015.
Only complete applications received by this deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.