Personal Assistant Job At Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KCAA SCALE 6 (REF: D/02/16)
Department / Section: Directorate
Reports To: Director General
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development established under the Civil Aviation Act, No. 21 of 2013. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill vacant positions in the establishment
Personal Assistant Job Purpose
- To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, Organizational, and logistical service to the Director General and helping to manage and prioritize his time.
Personal Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining the Director General’s diary and email account.
- Ensuring busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively
- Scheduling on behalf of the Director General meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
- Following up on correspondence delegated to departmental heads and other managers for action.
- Filtering general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the
- Director General by redirecting or taking forward such contacts as appropriate.
- Ensuring the Director General is fully briefed on and prepared for any engagements he is involved in.
- Preparing correspondence on behalf of the Director General including the drafting of general replies.
- Ensuring guests meeting with the Director General are well taken care of.
- Coordinating corporate visits, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Providing internal and external administrative and protocol support.
- Writing speeches, reports and other critical corporate documents
- Performing any other official duty as may be directed by the Director General from time to time.
Qualifications For Personal Assistant Job
- A bachelor’s degree in business or social sciences from a recognized university.
- Advanced secretarial training is an added advantage.
- Training in Customer Service
- Knowledge of law and its practices is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) is an added advantage.
- Three years post qualification experience in a comparable position.
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent organization skills.
- Self-motivated, energetic, organized, assertive and enthusiastic team player who is change oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages
- Ability to manage large volumes of work.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of protocol issues.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates for the job vacancies are required to apply online by logging into KCAA recruitment portal at here
- Fill in the required information and attach copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating among other things current day time telephone and full contact of three professional referees. The applications should be received not later than 23rd September 2016.
- Hardcopy applications are also acceptable but applicants are required to quote the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, then submit to the address indicated below. Take note that online applications will still be required even if hard copy applications are submitted. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority KCAA AVIATION HOUSE P. O. BOX 30163 – 00100 NAIROBI