Personal Assistant Job at Tarpo Industries
Tarpo Industries is a first class tents and soft roof shelter solutions provider primarily targeting sub-Saharan Africa. Tarpo is the sole ISO 9001:2008 certified tent manufacturer in the region and we consistently strive to deliver quality products and services.
With our expertise spreading over 40 years, we strive to attract and retain top notch talent to align with our business objectives as well as help talent realize their full potential.
Our mission is to have as much fun as possible, reward and recognize ourselves by selling practical solutions to clients who have faith in us while we do what we love to do.
Following the promotion of the role bearer, we seek to recruit an Assistant to the CEO who will double up as the Receptionist
Responsibilities for the Personal Assistant Job
- The main responsibility of the Personal Assistant and Receptionist is to provide professional, courteous and confidential assistance to the CEO.
- Assist the CEO with a wide array of projects across all departments.
- Take minutes of meetings chaired by the CEO, distribute minutes and follow up on actions identified at the meetings.
- Answer CEO’s phone when absent and take messages on his behalf.
- Effectively interact with senior managers, board members and their assistants while representing the CEO.
- Arrange and book travel and accommodation for the CEO, manage visa and/or permits when required.
- Responsible for customer care over the phone and with visitors.
- Ensure housekeeping is in order at the CEO’s work station area, the reception and visitors’ waiting area.
- Provide analysis and reports for information from various departments.
- Ensure all secretarial and administrative work under the CEO is handled in a proper manner.
- Manage research and development projects in liaison with the projects assistant.
- Head all the activities of the ‘Think Tank’ department.
- Responsible for receiving visitors, offering them refreshments and informing appropriate staff to receive them.
- Ensure all communication channels are in working order and appropriate corrective measures taken if found to be faulty (includes phones, internet) and report to respective departments where necessary.
- Maintain inventory of all correspondence including incoming or outgoing documents to ensure ease of traceability.
- Attend to all telephone calls to ensure that all received and dialled calls are handled in a professional manner.
- Updating the CRM with email, contact addresses and the contact persons.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications for the Personal Assistant Job
- Diploma in business Administration or management
- Experience in Bookkeeping and web analytics
- Experience in project management
- Male or female under the age of 30 years
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent phone etiquette with a neutral accent.
- Good interpersonal skills with a resilient cheerful upbeat personality.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Trustworthy and loyal; ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess ability to ‘read’ and understand the CEO’s objectives, standards and boundaries, targets and goals.
- Ability to assist the CEO in executing his duties which include; review of strategy, constant improvement of the organization’s human capital, handling sales inquiries and managing projects.
- Ability to work independently/often, with little direction and poor instructions. The role involves work without specific direction, so judgement, and the ability to make sound decisions without supervision is essential.
- Be willing to learn, be coached and to coach others.
- Have the courage to voice honest opinions to all employees of the organization.
- Possess good IT Skills and experience/ability to work with web based database software.
- Ability to manage projects and supervise staff.
- Have interest in continuous development and ability to think “out of the box”.
- Have a smile always!
How To Apply
If you feel you fit this role,please click here to apply.