The position is responsible for supporting the Executive Director to effectively execute his/her tasks by following up on action items, acting as liaison for the office, and providing administrative support services.
Personal Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Support the Executive Director to follow up on action items as assigned to respective staff members or external stakeholders.
- Act as liaison for the Executive Director’s office by maintaining efficient and effective communication channels between the office of the Executive Director, Council Chairman, Directors, KCC Departments and external customers.
- Handle routine matters, determine and refer as appropriate.
- Oversee the smooth running of outsourced support services including tea, water and cleaning services and other hospitality services as required.
- Oversee the security of office records/classified materials, equipment and office machines.
- Maintain inventories of office equipment and supplies, monitor utilization of consumables and requisition of additional supplies
- Coordinate local and international travel for the Executive Directors.
- Organize for meetings and forums under the Executive Director’s office. This includes organizing logistics such as venue (internal or external), refreshments and facilities required.
- Oversee the prompt collection and delivery of incoming and outgoing mail to correct addresses for the Executive Director’s office
- Sit in weekly HOD meetings, take minutes, keep records of the same and follow up on action items.
- Typing documents, recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing in written form as assigned in the Executive Director’s office
- Receive and screen the Executive Director’s correspondence, filing, registry, letters, reports, memos and respond to routine correspondence.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s diary, calendar and schedule of appointment appropriately and inform Executive Director accordingly to approve or change.
- Receive and screen incoming calls and visitors.
Qualifications for the Personal Assistant Job
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration or related field;
- Diploma in secretarial studies will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position; and
- Experience in customer service.
- Good public relations skills;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the Organisation;
- Ability to write complex reports
- Analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of office administration in a busy office
- Proficiency in ICTe
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to send their applications preferably in hard copies. Applications can also be emailed using the email addresses provided. All applications should be received by 9 December 2016. The applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director/CEO The Kenya Cultural Centre P.O. Box 43031 – 00100NAIROBI Email: [email protected] and copy to [email protected] Application submission should include the following: Cover letter, applicant’s CV, copies of relevant certificates and recommendations, names and contacts of three professional referees and a copy of national identity card