Position: Personal Assistant
Job Ref: PA-281107
A new social enterprise using state of the art technology and scientific knowledge to improve food security and income for smallholder farmers
The organisationis inviting applications for the position of Personal Assistant to the Managing Director, with an opportunity to grow with the organisation. The office is based in Nairobi.
The organisation offers its services to other businesses that provide products or services to smallholders.
During the initial development stages, the organisation is partly funded by ‘Geodata for Agriculture and Water’ (G4AW) program, a program that focus on improving food security in developing countries by using satellite data.
The Netherlands Space Office (NSO) is executing this programme, commissioned by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The organisation is a joint venture of ICS (Netherlands) and Manobi (Senegal), in cooperation with Agrics East Africa, Biomass Research (Netherlands) and Agricultural University of Wageningen (Netherlands).
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Managing Director (MD), provide support with structuring the internal/ administrative organisation, support the business planning process, and be a representative of the organisation towards our client base.
- Financial administration: In liaison with finance, set up and manage administrative procedures for proper booking purposes. Develop and maintain a simplified record keeping system
- Support with setting up legal entity LTD, bank account, HR protocols and systems. Liaise with lawyers, accountants, and payroll advisors
- Office management: manage the office supplies and suppliers, welcome guests.
- Assistant with meetings, customer relations and conducting desk research for business planning purposes.
- Support with PPT presentations and development of marketing tools and materials
- Others requested by MD
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in office administration, business administration or accounting major
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Good computer skills on Word, Excel and e-mail applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English (and Kiswahili)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with eye for detail
- Well organized, keeping to deadlines, pro-active
- Customer-services oriented.
- Ability to work independently and work well in a team
- Well-presented and business-like
How to Apply