Tarpo is a leading provider of tents and soft roof shelter solutions for a wide variety of sectors including Oil & Gas exploration, mining, hospitality.
The main responsibility of the Personal Assistant and Receptionist is to provide professional, courteous and confidential assistance to the CEO.
Key Responsibilities and accountability:
- Assist the CEO with a wide array of projects across all departments.
- Take minutes of meetings chaired by the CEO, distribute minutes and follow up on actions identified at the meetings.
- Answer CEO’s phone when absent and take messages on his behalf.
- Effectively interact with senior managers, board members and their assistants while representing the CEO.
- Arrange and book travel and accommodation for the CEO, manage visa and/or permits when required.
- Responsible for customer care over the phone and with visitors.
- Ensure housekeeping is in order at the CEO’s work station area, the reception and visitors’ waiting area.
- Provide analysis and reports for information from various departments.
- Ensure all secretarial and administrative work under the CEO is handled in a proper manner.
- Manage research and development projects in liaison with the projects assistant.
- Head all the activities of the ‘Think Tank’ department.
- Responsible for receiving visitors, offering them refreshments and informing appropriate staff to receive them.
- Ensure all communication channels are in working order and appropriate corrective measures taken if found to be faulty (includes phones, internet) and report to respective departments where necessary.
- Maintain inventory of all correspondence including incoming or outgoing documents to ensure ease of traceability.
- Attend to all telephone calls to ensure that all received and dialled calls are handled in a professional manner.
- Updating the CRM with email, contact addresses and the contact persons.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in business Administration or management
- Experience in Bookkeeping and web analytics
- Experience in project management
- Male or female under the age of 30 years
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent phone etiquette with a neutral accent.
- Good interpersonal skills with a resilient cheerful upbeat personality.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Trustworthy and loyal; ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess ability to ‘read’ and understand the CEO’s objectives, standards and boundaries, targets and goals.
- Ability to assist the CEO in executing his duties which include; review of strategy, constant improvement of the organization’s human capital, handling sales inquiries and managing projects.
- Ability to work independently/often, with little direction and poor instructions. The role involves work without specific direction, so judgement, and the ability to make sound decisions without supervision is essential.
- Be willing to learn, be coached and to coach others.
- Have the courage to voice honest opinions to all employees of the organization.
- Possess good IT Skills and experience/ability to work with web based database software.
- Ability to manage projects and supervise staff.
- Have interest in continuous development and ability to think “out of the box”.
- Have a smile always!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Tarpo Industries career website on talentboard.co.ke to apply