Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that is changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa. We are an NGO in Africa working in a very different way than most. We believe that development must come from within, not outside African communities. That it is Africans themselves who must determine Africa’s future, and that while international aid has provided much-needed support, it often falls short of enabling lasting change at grassroots level. We want to change this, and our strong bonds with African communities mean we are uniquely placed to do so. Our mission is to work at the roots of communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Working alongside African communities to co-create a new story for Africa-a future that is shaped by their values, powered by their own resourcefulness and built on their capabilities.
The successful candidate will have proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources, and organize and maintain administrative processes essential to this position.
This is a high demand position requiring someone who can be available at the request of the Executive Director and her schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Making logistical arrangements for tickets, visas, accommodation and occasionally meeting and welcoming visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Organizing all the logistics and administration related to meetings and events.
- Supporting with coordinating logistics for NEAR related workshops, training events and conferences.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Liaising with clients and staff.
- Responsible for accounts travel and medical reconciliation.
- Acknowledging receipt of correspondences and documentation on behalf of Network staff.
- Coordinating and disseminating material for internal and external use as required.
- Assisting with various logistical and administrative tasks such as travel arrangements for the Network’s staff, processing payments, budget preparation and review, procurement of supplies and equipment, Human Resources administration etc.
- Liaising with and supporting the Network staff to ensure that functions effectively, proper and timely follow up of tasks while making best use of project resources.
- Any other duties as required by the Executive Director commensurate with the post.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Administration or Business Management.
- Minimum of one (1) year work related experience.
- Applicants with secretarial background will be have an added advantage.
In addition to relevant experience, secretarial and administrative knowledge, the position holder will need to show evidence of the following:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages.
- The ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability.
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality.
How to Apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application [email protected] quoting ‘Intern – Personal Assistant’ in the email subject matter, by May 18, 2017**.
Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The NEAR Network is an equal opportunity employer.