Pharmaceutical Technologist Job At Flexi-personnel In KenyaÂ
Our Client, an International NGO whose core business is reproductive health and family planning to millions of the worldâ€™s poorest and vulnerable women is seeking to recruit a Pharmaceutical Technologist.
Pharmaceutical Tech JobÂ Responsibilities
- Ensures good inventory management practices, of the medicines and medical supplies, at organization Nursing Home.
- Oversees the acquisition (prepares drug orders) and disbursement of drugs and medical supplies to the nursing home inpatient department.
- Ensures rational use of drugs at the nursing home with focus on improved therapeutic outcomes based on appropriate drug use.
- Ensure maintenance of cold chain.
- Liaise with the program pharmacist regarding drugs and medical supplies orders and buffer stocks
- Monitor drug consumption at the nursing home pharmacy store and submit timely regular stock level and drug consumption reports to the Program Pharmacist.
- Keep records of serious incidents e.g. drug errors, poor quality, expired drugs as requested by Program Pharmacist
- Keep up to date stock records and information on stock of medicine and medical supplies with a view of improving inventory management practices.
- Prepares medicine needs projections and submits orders to the Program Pharmacist and Center Manager.
- Any other duties that maybe assigned by the line manager
Qualifications ForÂ Pharmaceutical Tech Jobs
- Diploma in Pharmacy from accredited institutions by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Enrolled Pharmaceutical Technologist with Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Minimum of two (2) years post training experience in the same position.
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to train other assigned staff as necessary.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to [email protected] or before close of business 15th May, 2016. Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject line
- NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.