Role: Pharmaceutical Technologist
General Purpose of the role: The Pharmaceutical Technologist major role is to stock and dispense drugs to Health Plus Pharmacy clientele.
He/she is also responsible in providing excellent customer service and cross selling our products offering to our clients.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Adherence to our SOP’s(Standard Operating Procedures) to include but not limited to product knowledge, living posting of sales , opening and closing of the pharmacy, manage financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Adhering & Contributing to our Core Principles – Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork and Responsiveness.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with company standard operating procedures & government regulation. He/she cleans the floors and dump dusts the shelves.
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; dispensing medicine, promoting uptake of our reward program.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges as well as issuing cash sale receipts for every sale.
- Prepares relevant reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them within the agreed timelines.
- Take responsibility of his/her shop.
- Adhere to the relevant and applicable government and county laws governing the pharmaceuticals sector.
- Any other duty assigned by the branch manager and or senior management staff.
Code of conduct required
- He/She must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- He/she must always wear their lab coats.
- He/she must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- He/she must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure and culture.
- He/She must always be clean, smart and well-groomed.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent team player.
- Outgoing personality.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to cross other products.
- Ability to operate mobile transfer services and merchant card services.
- Able to achieve targets and to achieve organizational change.
- Strong written, reading and spoken skills.
- IT literate proficient knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and Email
- Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent communication skills with proven email etiquette.
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution.
- Certificate in Pharmaceutical Technology required (NOTE: must be registered with Pharmacy and Poison Board) and have your license available for use
- Excellent use of pharmacy dispensing software system.
-Due to the urgency of the positions applications will be reviewed as they come.
-Only qualified & shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.
-Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
-Areas of work are Mombasa, Kilifi and Taita Taveta Counties
-We encourage applicants residing in these areas to apply.
-Please indicate your area of preference in your application.