Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Duties & Responsibilities
• Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
• Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
• Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
• Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
• Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
• Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
• Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with customers which include clinics, doctors, hospitals and other institutions
• High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (Verbal and written)
• Accurate and details oriented
Skills and Qualifications:
• Diploma or certificate in Pharmacy from accredited institution
• Experience in similar position, preferably in a busy retail set up will be an added advantage
• Medical knowledge expertise
• Pharmacy ethics knowledge
• Strong negotiation and customer care skills
• Reporting skills
• Supply management
• Must be computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable qualified candidates should forward their applications and detailed CV indicating working experience,current and expected salary to [email protected] with the subject line PHARMACY TECHNICIAN by 10th Oct 2015.