Pharmacy Technologist Jobs at Matibabu Foundation(4 posts)
Reports to:Pharmacist In-Charge
Matibabu Foundation is dynamic NGO based in Siaya County. Our focus is to improve the quality, affordability and accessibility of healthcare with more attention to the women and their families through offering affordable, facilities- based health care with extensive laboratory and pharmaceutical services.
Matibabu Foundation is growing as we live our mission of “Providing family centered health information & services that meet or surpass the expectations of our clients, by working with individuals, the community and government to improve overall health goals”.
As a result of this growth, several vacancies have arisen, and we therefore invite qualified, talented and highly motivated candidates to fill the following positions.
Brief Role Description
The position is responsible for ensuring availability of the essential pharmaceutical products, ensure efficient stock controls, dispensing of drugs and superior customer service.
Pharmacist In-Charge Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma Holder in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy retail pharmacy.
- Excellent use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Email is a MUST.
- Pharmacy & Poisons Board certification a must.
- Experience in the use of an online billing system.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Pharmacist In-Charge
- Greeting customers and taking medication orders and prescriptions, labeling medication, calculating quantities, assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies for dispensing.
- Maintaining pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Maintaining safe working environment and adhering to infection control procedures to protect both patients and other employees.
- Maintains records by recording and filing doctors and clinicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generating revenues by calculating, recording, and submitting charges to cashiers for charging the patients.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and other clientele.
- Adhering to the Dangerous Drug Act regulation and ensuring that standard operating procedures are followed.
- Ensuring timely preparation and submission of reports by collecting and summarizing information as required by the management.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to: –
- The Administration Officer, Matibabu Foundation, P.O. Box 230 – 40607, Ukwala, Kenya.
- OR E-mail to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 5th October, 2016.
- NB: Only successful and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Matibabu Foundation is an Equal opportunity Employer