The Assistant is experienced in all standard secretarial tasks and work in a multinational organisation. Therefore, the job demands knowledge, experience and understanding of the organisation, the many business processes and disciplines that are managed by the Manager. The assistant needs to be able to think ahead and to take action in such a way as to enable decision-making processes and priorities, for example, to be controlled more effectively by the Executive.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Performs all standard secretarial tasks.
- Provides high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
- Performs secretarial and administrative duties for the manager. Work requires some analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment; to remain knowledgeable of corporate policies and will often called upon to interpret and communicate executive intent to other employees. This position may make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Provides the manager with administrative and secretarial support. Coordinate manager’s schedule, making appointments and establishing agendas. Screen executive’s phone calls, arrange and coordinate business travel for the manager. Coordinate department meetings, and arrange use of conference rooms or outside facilities.
- Serves as a contact to employees and stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
- Conducts various analytical special projects, especially involving budgets and preparations for senior management meetings.
- Takes initiative and identifies problems in actual way of working, formulates alternatives and recommendations; develops and introduces new supporting sub-processes and improves existing processes. Initiates & runs small improvement projects.
- Acts as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience.
- The tasks to be performed require project management techniques and practices.
- The assignments are stated only in general terms and require own interpretation and analysis and application of project management techniques.
- Reviews process and results are frequently.
We are looking for:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is required
- Corporate experience (must)
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook….)
- Demonstrated skills in influencing people are critical.
- Has developed specialized skills and is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Experienced in standard techniques to provide solutions to problems involving a limited number of variables.
- Demonstrated ability to improve existing processes.
- Takes initiative and identifies problems, generates alternatives and recommendations within defined processes.
- Working on the basis of Root Cause Analysis.
- Own interpretation regarding assignments, based on own calculations and leads implementation of changes.
Other important aspects are:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning, management, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Maturity, conscientiousness, timeliness and discretion
- Fluent in English in addition to local language
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programmes.