Photojournalist Jobs at The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board
Job Ref: KYEB/HR/PROD/02/2016
Department: Production Department
Job Grade: KYEB 8
Reporting To: Production Manager
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
The Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The Board was established in November 2007 by legal Notice No. 187 of 2007. Its mandate comprises facilitating Government communication services through the publication of the annual Kenya Yearbook.
The Board is inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates for the following position.
Job Role: Providing photography services to the Board
Photojournalist Job Key Responsibilities
- Judging the quality of photographic images
- Organizing photographic coverage and documentation of photographs
- Assisting in budgeting of photographic materials
- Liaising with other Government departments and parastatals for photographic needs
- Taking news and feature photographs in digital format
- Caption writing and editing photographs
- Portraiture photography
- Producing and mounting of photographs for exhibitions
- Supervising and guiding of photographers under him/her
- Scanning and e-mailing photographs to subscribers, clients and media houses
Minimum Academic Qualifications for the Photojournalist Job
- Bachelor’s degree in photography
Photojournalist Job Professional Qualifications
- Post graduate diploma in Photography or any other field
- 3 (Three) years relevant experience
- ICT proficiency.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skill
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the job reference on both the cover letter and the envelope accompanied by up to date curriculum vitae, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your email and telephone contacts Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance certificate, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department. The applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to the Boards offices to be received on or before 9th December 2016 Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Chief Executive Officer Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board NHIF Building 4th Floor Email: [email protected] P.O Box 34035 00100 Nairobi
- Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Boards offices so as to reach the above before the close of Business on or before 9th December 2016 “Kenya Yearbook Editorial Board is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, people from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply.”