Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
This job role provides a learning opportunity for the incumbent as they support the overall implementation of Communications Strategy at Plan International Kenya.
Areas of Learning/ Duties
- Media Relations & Monitoring
- Writing skills – Developing a newsletter
- Content Management – Updating the Website & Social Media
- Organisation branding skills
- Case study collection
- Event Management
- Photography & Videography skills
Education Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication disciplines from a recognised institution.
Knowledge and Skills that the Intern will demonstrate at the End of the Period
- Handling media and reviewing media to check for relevant organisational news.
- Writing stories of change, for the newsletter & website.
- Developing messages for project branding and social media.
- Organising events & running campaigns.
- Knowledge on documentaries, shooting short videos & taking good photos.
- Knowledge of how to interact with project teams & beneficiaries in order to get stories of change.
- Interpersonal and people skills for the workplace.
Criteria for eligibility
Those eligible to apply to participate in the internship program shall be Kenyan citizens who meet the following criteria:
- Graduates from Kenyan universities
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
Type of Role: Internship
Closing Date: 5th April, 2018
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through this link