Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
The job role provides a learning opportunity for the incumbent as they support the implementation of the child protection interventions (Protect My Rights Project) in Tharaka PU during FY19. Working closely with the program team, the incumbent is responsible for contributing to the designing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on the progress of the project activities in line with the project’s detailed implementation plan. S/he will be reporting directly to the Program Manager who has oversight of all programmes in the PU.
Areas of Learning/ Duties
- In line with the detailed implementation plans, facilitate activities that will ensure that children are protected from all forms of violence and there are reporting mechanisms to respond when/if violence against children is perpetrated;
- Ensure that the monthly activities and budget plans are implemented as per approved schedules and all the activities are on track;
- Work with relevant staff to ensure all logistics and procurement processes are planned and completed according to Plan policies;
- Represent the project in related activities at appropriate levels in the Sub County.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Consolidate/write timely and quality project reports in line with Plan standards;
- Contribute to documentation and sharing of best practices on child protection with all stakeholders;
- Jointly with the Program team, support in facilitating and coordinating reflection sessions with project beneficiaries;
- Update Progress log on weekly basis on implemented activities in SAP
Education Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Development Studies;
- Knowledge of community development;
- Hold personal values, ethics and attitudes which are in alignment with the principles of the Plan Values as well as the Child Protection Policy.
Knowledge and Skills that the Intern will demonstrate at the End of the Period
The intern will demonstrate the following key competencies after the end of the internship period:
- Skills in project management – including project scope, budget and timelines
- Skills in project monitoring and reporting;
- Skills in documentation and report writing;
- Community facilitation, networking, partnership management skills;
- Good communication and negotiation skills;
- Conflict management skills;
- Good interpersonal relationship and team working.
Criteria for eligibility
Those eligible to apply to participate in the internship program shall be Kenyan citizens who meet the following criteria:
- Graduates from Kenyan universities
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
Type of Role: Internship
Closing Date: 5th April, 2018
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through this link