|Position||Learning & Knowledge Management Advisor||Grade||D1|
|Department &||Programs, Nilinde Project – Nairobi||Date||June, 2017|
|Duration||3 Years Fixed Term Contract|
|Reports to||Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor|
|About Plan||Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian|
|organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in|
|the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty,|
|violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.|
|Purpose||Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation|
|that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power|
|and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence,|
|exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.|
|Support for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) for Nairobi and Coast|
|Counties of Kenya is a USAID-funded $41 million Cooperative Agreement|
|awarded to a consortium led by Plan International. Known locally as the Nilinde|
|Project, this five- year initiative aims to improve the welfare and protection of the|
|most vulnerable households affected by HIV/AIDS by reducing economic|
|vulnerability and empowering parents to make investments that will improve the|
|health and well-being of OVC.|
Dimensions of Role:
The post holder will be based in Nilinde Nairobi office but provide support to Nilinde Project areas and will report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor. S/he will be primarily responsible for providing Learning and Knowledge Management (LKM) assistance to the Nilinde project.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Develop and implement Nilinde Project’s Learning and Knowledge Management plan.
- Support M&E and other project technical staff in developing and implementing evaluation and operation research studies, disseminating results and writing briefs, reports & peer-reviewed publications.
- Collaborate in the development of organizational and project’s Learning and Knowledge Management standards, tools and approaches.
- Promote knowledge exchange among Nilinde staff within and across the project counties.
- Conduct ethical and content reviews of operation research and assessments including tools as part of the E&R SOP process, provide training on operation research SOPs.
- Provide assistance for design and implementation of learning agenda research questions as per the projects learning framework and as requested.
- Lead the implementation of the project’s learning agenda including the project’s teaching technical working group (TWG).
- Support projects’ thematic heads and other technical staff in production of reports, journal articles, papers and/or other conference materials.
- Perform any other M&E, Learning and Knowledge Management related functions.
- Represent the project in Learning and Knowledge Management and M&E related activities as delegated by the project management team.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- High contact with the monitoring and evaluation staff and project staff.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Masters level of education in Public health or equivalent with a bias towards research methodology.
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in providing technical assistance in Learning, operation research and Knowledge Management preferably in public health projects, including in building capacity.
- Solid experience in program design, Learning and Knowledge Management, and operation research.
- Solid experience in the design, implementation and reporting of research and evaluation studies.
- Excellent computer skills, with knowledge of necessary analytic software applications (qualitative, such as Nvivo, and Atlas.ti)
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Competencies and values:
- Respect, integrity, diversity, commitment to excellence, adaptability, able to perform under stress, innovation, building relationships, communicating effectively, coaching and mentoring, developing and working in teams, initiating action, planning and organizing.
- Commitment to Plan Purpose and Values.
Physical Environment and Demands:
Typically office environment with moderate field visit demands.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low: occasional interaction with children.