Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Dimensions of the Role
The role provides learning opportunity for the incumbent as she/he supports the overall monitoring and evaluation of projects implementation.
Areas of Learning/ Duties
- Project design
- Data Collection techniques- Quantitative and qualitative
- Identifying and detailing out key Monitoring and evaluation activities
- Data entry and descriptive statistics
- Reporting the results
Education Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Stastics or relevant field (Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; data analysis)
Knowledge and Skills that the Intern will demonstrate at the End of the Period
- Knowledge of planning of project activities using participatory methods
- Identifying and detailing out key monitoring and evaluation activities
- Able to determine activities, process, outputs, outcomes and impacts
- Collection of information using different data collection methods/interview techniques
- Entry and cleaning of data using acceptable simple data base such as excel, access and Kobo Collect toolkit
- Organising data in such a way that it is easily accessible by staff concerned
- Knowledge of database management
- Understand basic statistics and produce frequency tables, mean, median
- Collect and compile monitoring and evaluation reports
- Check consistency of the report and compare them with the targets
- Interpret the numbers from the reports for decision making
Criteria for eligibility
Those eligible to apply to participate in the internship program shall be Kenyan citizens who meet the following criteria:
- Graduates from Kenyan universities
- Must have completed studies in a relevant field of study within the last 24 months.
- Graduates who are below 25 years old and willing to commit their time on the program for the entire year
- Demonstrated good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
- Graduates who are currently not in employment
Type of Role: Internship
Closing Date: 5th April, 2018
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through this link