We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Property & Essential Services Department within the Resources Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Property and Essential Services this role will undertake workplace design, plan and organize the Safaricom Office Space Requirements, policies, processes, procedures and SLAs compliance, Stakeholders Management, Supplier Performance evaluations, Budget and Design reporting including taking lead in space related projects.
Planning Workplace Design Manager Job Responsibilities
- Workplace designer and space planner;
- Identification, locate, allocate, storage, secure and dispose assets;
- Offer interior design and work place space advisory including branding, facade design, furniture layout, floor lay out and accessories planning;
- Implement and execute work place space policy including bi-annual stakeholder reviews ;
- Develop a property registry, database of space layouts for usable space, occupants, space provisions e.g. gym, crèche, meeting rooms, parking etc.
- Develop a space management process and system in line with the space policy to allow users and stakeholders interact with the system;
- Research and advice on space culture in line with company’s corporate and people culture;
- Verify and analyse operational reports and use emerging trends to offer better services ;
- Plan, coordinate and implement departmental and space projects;
- Monitor monthly reports on vendor expenses and liaise internally with supply chain and Finance for timely payments
- Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports.
Requirements for the Planning Workplace Design Manager Job
Key qualifying criteria
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited College or University and
- At least 6 years’ experience working in a similar position within interior design, interior fit out works, office furniture design, architectural drafting, or space planning fields and proficient with ArchiCad or AutoCAD,
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and MS office software.
Critical competencies for success
- Technical and professional proficiency in applying design principles and processes and ability to organize workflow;
- A good understanding of current trends in interior architecture;
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude to drive results and get the job done on time and to the customers’ satisfaction;
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability by being able to change course swiftly and purposefully when the needs of the business change;
- Strong customer orientation and the ability to discover what is important to the customer (internal and external) and respond to it and
- Applies Health& Safety policy, structures and systems to ensure the business delivers a safe working environment.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal here and then click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume. End Date: 24-Nov-2016