Total Kenya Limited is part of the global Total Group, which is the fourth largest publicly traded integrated international oil and gas company in the world with presence in over 130 countries. In Kenya it has a marketing and distribution network covering the entire country. We are seeking to recruit a performance driven Professional in the above position.
Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be responsible for the following:-
- Promoting HSSEQ standards by scheduling plant inspections, and following up on issues to ensure timely closure.
- Ensuring spare parts are availed and tracked so that there are no production interruptions as a result of equipment failure.
- Focusing on process improvements to facilitate existing equipment running at its maximum potential; recommending new equipment to increase line efficiency where necessary.
- Maintaining the Plant and ground to high HSSEQ standards and outlook.
- Assuring Operational Excellence (OE) processes are developed, rolled out and effectively executed to maintain compliance with company’s standards.
- Promoting HSSEQ awareness throughout the Plant through organized planned safety meetings and forums.
- Conducting risk assessments and audits and championing corrective actions for the same
- Maintaining all engineering projects, maintenance metrics and performance reports.
- Ensuring the approved Plant CAPEX budget is not exceeded.
- Preparing project justifications, project approvals and reporting on the aspects of capital projects progress.
- Working with Procurement section to effectively scope, tender and contract for the capital projects.
- Managing the Plant’s projects from start off, installation and commissioning within the agreed timeframes.
- Supervising all maintenance activities ensuring high HSSEQ standards are complied with.
- Developing and supervising execution of preventive maintenance programs to achieve the targeted equipment availability and reliability matrix.
- Maintaining statutory inspection certificates as well as required testing and calibration certificates for the Plant’s equipment.
- Initiating work permits for all engineering works and ensure the requirements are followed.
- Ensuring timely resolution of any issues arising from technical and engineering projects to guarantee that works are done safely, professionally and timely.
- Ensuring timely closure of any gaps from various audits, mission reports, walkabouts’ reports and general feedback in regard to plant improvements, equipment maintenance or new/existing projects.
- Supervising and monitoring contractors’ execution of their duties and evaluating the completion of their work to facilitate invoice payments.
Qualifications, competencies and experience
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications:-
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- At least three (3) years working experience in Plant Maintenance and/or Project Management & HSSEQ Systems.
- Ability to manage diverse work activities and services through prioritization and good work management practices
- Excellent Project Management and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work on fixed term contract for 2 years ( one year renewable)
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here