Plant Engineer Job at Makueni County, Kenya
Department of agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries,
Plant Engineer (1 Post) – Job P (3 years renewable contract) – Re-advertisement
The Kalamba Fruit Processing Plant is a key project under the Makueni County Government’s department of Agriculture, Livestock & Fisheries and seeks the services of a Plant Manager whose key responsibilities will be to ensure a timely installation, commissioning and efficient running of the plant.
Plant Engineer Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop plans and activities necessary to attain timely commissioning of the Processing Plant within strict deadlines.
- Coordinate and supervise various service providers ensuring quality of service in areas of delivery.
- Supervise equipment installation and commissioning ensuring that all terms of contract, delivery and after service are met.
- Develop a clear plan on transfer of knowledge to those appointed to operate the equipment, supervise the process and coach and mentor assigned staff.
- Develop and implement maintenance program to meet production requirements of plant availability, safety, and product quality.
- Management of spare parts & materials stocking and usage to ensure the effective maintenance of plant.
- Plan and carry out statutory inspections of vital plant & equipment to ensure their use is in compliance with legal requirements.
- Liaise with quality assurance department and procurement and logistic department to ensure timely delivery of outputs.
- Implement energy management program to attain and sustain economic/efficient usage of fuel and electricity in the plant.
Requirements for Plant Engineer Job
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering with specialization in Mechanical, Industrial Processing, Food Process, Chemical, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years in processing factories, with proven competence in management of industrial projects.
- 3 years’ experience in supervising and coaching technical staff in an industrial processing environment.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the fruit processing value chain and its challenges.
- Must be a registered engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya.
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates, ID card and clearance from the various institutions as listed below should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to; The Secretary/CEO Makueni County Public Service Board P.O. Box 49 – 90300 Makueni Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute. All the applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board, on or before Friday, 26th August, 2016. Note All applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
- The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.