The PMI AIRS Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI AIRS Kenya Project seeks candidates for the USAID-funded PMI AIRS (Africa Indoor Residual Spraying 2) Project based in Kisumu, Kenya in the following position:-
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the needs assessments and baseline surveys/data collection process prior to IRS campaigns.
- Lead establishment of routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
- Improve programmatic monitoring efforts through managing the data collection of routine spray activities from county-based spray teams and reporting the data for internal and client use.
- Design, review and test M&E tools for reporting formats and data collection.
- Ensure appropriate skills are maintained with the national and county IRS staff through focused trainings for continued maintenance of the established M&E tracking systems.
- Track and report data on all project indicators to the Abt Home Office, PMI/Kenya and PMI/Washington. This includes regular updating of the project’s official Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Prepare performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as annual reports and other project documents.
- Conduct periodic internal Data Quality Assessments and prepare the project for possible external Data Quality Audits to ensure validity, integrity, precision, reliability and timeliness of all performance data, identifying gaps and suggesting corrective actions on time.
- The position requires frequent travel to IRS implementing counties and field sites for routine monitoring, program supervision, and support.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Masters Degree in a relevant social science field, such as Public Health/Environmental health, Community Health, or Statistics.
- At least six (6) years of relevant professional experience in program monitoring and evaluation and in research, with previous IRS or other malaria program experience desirable.
- Experience in MS Access, GIS applications; and GPS measurement data collection desirable.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID program monitoring and evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
- English language fluency.
For more information on the specific duties and responsibilities and qualification requirements for the above positions, please visit our careers page on www.abtassociates.com
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the careers page on www.abtassociates.com and apply online or send a cover letter and CV to [email protected] with the title of the position being applied in e-mail subject line e.g. “Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager” by COB November 18th, 2016.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.