The High Commission of Canada to Kenya is staffing an indeterminate position for a Political and Public Affairs Officer reporting to the Political Counsellor of the High Commission.
- Advising on political / economic events in countries of accreditation (Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Somalia, Burundi);
- Managing media relations with countries of accreditation and relevant international organisations;
- Identifying and organizing Canadian public diplomacy initiatives in support of Canada’s country strategy;
- Providing information services in response to public and employee inquiries;
- Coordinating Canadian participation in relevant events; and,
- Performing other duties as required.
- Language: fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a major in a discipline related to the job requirements or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience (without a completed Bachelor’s degree, six years of experience required).
- working in a High Commission/Embassy (diplomatic mission), an international non-governmental organization, a multi-lateral organization, or government environment doing political/economic reporting and/or public affairs
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please download the full application package at
Completed applications by email only are due no later than 12:00 noon East African Time on 28 September 2015.