To develop and grow profitable product portfolio mix ensuring close focus on most profitable products.
- Drive the achievement of the sales revenue for General Insurance.
- Grow and defend Britam’s General Insurance market share position.
- Work hand in hand with FA & IFAs to promote General Insurance business.
- Formulate and implement strategies that ensure FAs, IFAs, and Unit Managers are well versed with General Insurance Products.
- Relate feedback to the product team from clients regarding the General insurance products and suggestions on improvement on the products.
- Monitor customer/ agency preferences to determine focus of sales efforts in collaboration with FAs.
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor of Commerce degree (marketing option preferred)
- Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII, FLMI or AIIK)
- 7 – 10 years sales management experience in the financial services sector
Technical and functional competencies
- Customer, market and competitor understanding
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Selling skills
- Sales and marketing management skills
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
- Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during every day interactions.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
Friday, June 9, 2017
Bachelor of Commerce degree (marketing option preferred) .Professional qualification in Insurance (ACII
FLMI or AIIK) .7 – 10 years sales management experience in the financial services sector