The Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank) is a Savings Bank with a national branch network, and offering a wide range of financial services. Postbank is seeking to recruit high calibre, results oriented and experienced professionals for the following positions:
- ASSISTANT MANAGER/INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY, SCALE PB 5.1– KPOSB/ICT/02/17
Reporting to the Head of ICT, the position will be responsible for coordination and management of information security services within the policies in the Bank and ensure that possible information systems security risks are mitigated accordingly.
- Monitoring access to all systems and maintaining access control profiles on computer network and systems.
- Development and implementation of Business Continuity Plans.
- Identifying and assessing ICT security risk/exposure to new and existing infrastructure.
- Investigating and recommending appropriate corrective actions for ICT security incidents.
- Developing and maintaining security policies, controls and their compliance.
- Analyzing security incidents and the escalation of security events.
- Discovering vulnerabilities in the Bank’s information systems.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in ICT or closely related discipline.
- Should be a certified CISA, CISM, CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of Banking and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux , Windows, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Platforms
- Good communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory policies and their interpretation and applicability in a banking setup
- 5 years’ work experience, 2 of which should be technical experience in development and implementation of ICT security policy in a sound corporate environment.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communication Skills.
- Analytical & Research Skills.
- Project Management.
- Leadership skills.
- APPLICATION DEVELOPER (WEB, CLIENT/MOBILE SYSTEMS) SCALE PB 6.1 (2 POSITIONS) – KPOSB/ICT/03/17
Reporting the Asst. Manager/ICT Business Systems and Alternate Channels, the position will be responsible for developing software and applications that are compatible with mobile phones and other desktop applications.
- Design, build, test, implement, and support mobile and desktop applications.
- Ensuring that the applications are running optimally.
- Communicating regularly with System administrators, Database administrators and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Maintaining the Bank’s Desktop/Website/ Web Based/Mobile based applications.
- Participates in design and coding of application-embedded, scheduled and ad-hoc reporting solutions.
- Analyse and optimize performance of Web, Client and mobile based applications.
- Collaborates with DBA and Systems administrators to create and maintain a robust framework to support mobile applications.
- B.SC in Computer science or an equivalent degree course.
- Development of Oracle applications, use of PL/SQL.
- DBA skills using MSQL and Oracle RDBMS.
- Proficiency in programming languages like HTML5, C, C++, iOS, Java, Objective-C, etc. is the main qualification. Basic knowledge of interface design and development will be an added advantage.
- Programming on Android environment.
- Web service technologies, specifically REST APIs, Service oriented designs and technologies (AJAX, XML/JSON).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- 1 Year in a busy ICT environment.
- ICT SYSTEMS AUDITOR SCALE PB 5.2 – KPOSB/AUDIT/01/17
Reporting to the Head Internal Audit, the ICT Systems Auditor will be responsible for ensuring that there are adequate internal controls in the systems. Adequate protection of data, and maintenance of data integrity.
- Execute the implementation of the Information Systems Audit plan.
- Review and advice on IT, operational business risks.
- Carry out audits on operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, back up and disaster recovery & system maintenance.
- Draw up audit programmes and procedures for the assignments.
- Review internal control procedures and security for systems which are being developed.
- Ensure compliance with stipulated operational policies and procedures.
- Prepare timely and accurate draft reports.
- Give an independent opinion on audit findings and suggest recommendations and agree on the way forward to the management.
- Follow up implementation of audit recommendations.
- Perform special audits and investigations as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- in Accounting/Finance or BSC. in Information Systems or any other closely related discipline.
- Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA), Information Security Management System (ISMS) or closely related certification.
- CPA (K) or ACCA certification is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Banking and ERP systems.
- Knowledge of Unix, Windows, Oracle and Microsoft SQL platforms,
- Experience of computer based systems security policies.
- 5 years’ experience, 2 of which should be technical experience in audit of ICT systems in a sound corporate environment.
- LEGAL OFFICER SCALE PB 6.1– KPOSB/LEGAL/01/17
Reporting to the Head of Legal, the position is responsible for facilitating the legal mandate of the Institution by providing efficient and effective legal services to the Bank. Also manage legal risks and ensure compliance with relevant legal statutes.
- Verify security documents and ensure that they are duly registered as required.
- Liaise with external lawyers, valuers, auctioneers and other consultants.
- Process legal documents pertaining to loans.
- Draw contracts, leases and other legal documents and ensure they are signed and sealed by authorised signatories.
- Follow up on litigation matters and attend court cases.
- Conduct legal research on legal issues and statutes guiding the operations of Bank and ensuring recovery of monies owed to the bank by debtors.
- Undertake assessment of fee notes for advocates and other consultants engaged by the Bank and witnessing of Bank documents.
- Provide legal advice to the Management of the Bank.
- Manage all insurance policies and claims for the Bank.
- Negotiate on insurance renewals and execute all insurance policy agreements.
- Advise on risk areas that may arise and ensuring they are adequately covered by relevant policies.
- Maintain and update the insurance assets register.
- Prepare budgets for renewal and advise on controlling expenditure.
- Provide insurance reports to appropriate officers.
- Attending to customer’s complaints and matters.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised university.
- Post graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Certificate of Admission as an Advocate of the High Court.
- CPS (K) qualification will be an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- 3 years post admission working experience.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 4th Floor, Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street. An acknowledgement receipt will be issued. Please address applications to:
The Managing Director
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank
- O. Box 30311-00100
All applications should be received not later than Friday 31st March 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Postbank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.