Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will play a focal role in all the key processes of procurement and disposals of the bank to improve on efficiency and effectiveness of the unit in its zeal to obtain value for money in all transactions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key liaison for requisitions received from user departments and advise users on completeness and procedure applicable.
- Draft solicitation documents, prepare for Contracts Committee submissions as required
- Issue and receive bids on PDU’s behalf, conduct bid opening, pre-bid meetings and represent the unit in negotiations as may be required
- Offer technical guidance on bid evaluations using right criterion as may be required or review such reports
- Ensure accurate and timely communication of bid notices, evaluation results, award notices.
- Draft contractual documents as may be appropriate for various contracts for preview and ensure timely picking of the same by providers.
- Carry out prequalification of providers, maintain and subsequently update the database as may be required with the bank’s changing requirements.
- Conduct sustainable sourcing strategies that help bank obtain value for money and cut on cost of doing business
- Ensure timely circulation of files for all meetings and attend contracts committee meetings when called upon
- Proper profiling of all procurements and disposals as may be required from requisition to final payment and proper follow-up at all stages
- Guide users on the appropriate monitoring tools as per contract or particular procurement and on contracts about to expire for required attention
- Represent the unit in any contract management review meetings and ensure measurement tools achieve the bottleneck requirements
- Ensuring value for money payments against all invoices in a timely manner
- Advise providers and contractors on performance targets in line with contract and securities provided thereof.
- Proper system updates on all contracts placed as well as payments made for each transaction.
- Prepare accurate and submit timely reports on procurements and disposals to supervisor
- Managing and updating of the bank’s general procurement portal with PPDA and the bank’s website as may be applicable
- Advise on aggregating of disposable assets and the appropriate methods to maximally obtain value from each sale.
- Provide guidance on the constitution of boards of survey, valuation reports to disposal of bank assets.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics/Procurement & Supply Chain Mgt or B.Com/BBA (Procurement), from recognized university is a MUST.
- At least CIPS level 5 (Advanced Diploma) complete is a MUST
- Postgraduate diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
- At least three years of post-graduate experience in a busy PDU is desirable
- Excellent analytical, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Broad working knowledge of PPDA Act, regulations and guidelines as well as best practice principles in procurement and disposal processes.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to manage divergent processes and challenging situations
- Proven ability to disseminate procurement principles into simplified knowledge tools and guide to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic documents, applicants address , email and day time telephone contacts, postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society to;
Head of Human Resource
Post Bank Uganda Ltd
Plot 4/6 Nkrumah Road,
P.O. Box 7189 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 22nd February 2016 by 17:00 hours