Your Team: As the Engineering Associate you will be a member of the Power Assets team. This team is one of the four Executional Teams, and you would work closely with the other teams (Customers & Sites, Installations and Workshop) to ensure successful delivery of projects.
You will report to the VP of Power Assets and work closely with your Engineering Associate colleagues to cover the team’s four principal responsibilities of power design, distribution design, logistics, and procurement.
A significant component of the job requires utilization of PowerGen’s ERP system (NetSuite) to coordinate procurement and logistics.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Design solar power assets and distribution networks to suit the needs of off-grid communities based on data received input from the Customers & Sites team
- Coordinate with the Installation team to ensure successful deployment of all assets
- Process as-built BOMs and drawings to develop cost analysis for each site
- Perform procurement associated with the project equipment, including close interaction with the PowerGen workshop which builds much of the required equipment
- Coordinate logistics related to the projects to ensure delivery of equipment to site, including equipment from abroad and between regional countries (primarily Kenya and Tanzania)
- Performing rigorous analytical work in such is a way that is communicable to your clients and colleagues. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel will be critical.
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
- 2-4 years’ work experience in East Africa
- University degree Electrical, Power, or Energy Engineering, or related field
- Experience at an early-stage, rapidly growing company
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passion for engineering technical systems, and the ability to quickly learn electrical systems
- AutoCAD experience
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Proven strong client management skills.
- Experience in the energy, clean tech or utility sectors.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
How to Apply