PowerGen Renewable Energy
Position: Logistics Associate
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start Date: Immediate
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region.
PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
PowerGen is hiring a Logistics Associate to assist in the deployment of micro-grids throughout the region. If you want to be at the backbone of a fast-growing renewable energy organization in East Africa, this job is for you.
As Logistics Associate you will be a member of the Power Assets team.
You will report to the VP of Power Assets and work closely with the Power Assets team to cover one of the team’s key responsibilities of ensuring that assets are deployed efficiently.
A significant component of the job requires utilization of PowerGen’s ERP system (NetSuite) to coordinate logistics.
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Establish and manage relationships with clearing agents and companies to ensure that PowerGen can import and export equipment efficiently.
- Ensure company compliance with import and export tax laws in the movement of goods and, more importantly, benefits from tax exemptions on renewable energy equipment.
- Coordinate export inspection by quality standards bodies like SGS, TBS and KEBS to ensure that the company’s products meet all shipping requirements.
- Manage a database of all import and export documentation.
- Affirm that all imports and exports are properly packed prior to shipping and monitor the movement of goods to prevent any damage.
- Act as lead expert on logistics input, movement and tracking in NetSuite.
- Coordinate the loading and offloading of shipments being shipped to the Arusha office or being deployed on site.
- Lead the entire shipping process by tracking and providing updates on the movement of imports and exports from origin to destination using a logistics dashboard.
- Manage logistics costs by preparing budgets, obtaining quotes, processing payments, performing costs assessments and tracking all logistics costs.
- Schedule projects with input from the Procurement, Installation, Grid Development & Grid Operations teams.
- Ensure that the company’s fleet is available, dependable and safe at all times.
- Schedule and track the fleet’s usage and maintenance costs.
- Prepare weekly updates for the team and monthly logistics reports summarizing all activities.
What Excites You:
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Opportunity to grow and develop a passionate and committed team
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
You Already Have:
- At least 2-4 years’ work experience in logistics
- Relevant university degree in business management and logistics or related field
- Experience in building and developing the capacity of logistics through the use of training, performance management framework and development plans
- Practice in report compilation and analysis
- Work exposure to an early-stage, rapidly growing company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Practiced flexibility to lend a hand wherever needed
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
Benefits and Compensation
A competitive package including annual compensation, performance bonuses, health insurance, professional development and team building events.
And you’ll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying East Africa!
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and any questions to [email protected] stating Logistics Associate in the subject of the email.
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com